Thursday 15 February 2018

Finally, a Dark Sky!

 January, was a pathetic month for dark skies.  The weather was simply aweful all month.
I think I managed two nights out, in total!  And one was a full moon, so managed no Deep Sky Photos!

Anyway, its now halfway through February and I finally had a dark sky, bonus points, no Moon either!!

So I spend about 4 hours out in the garden, shooting a new target.
I choose the M33 galaxy, Triangulum.

Not the easiest of targets, especially with a DSLR and not being in a 'Dark Sky Area'
But I gave it a go.

Two hours of data, 24 5 minute frames. All of them turned out perfect too!  Bonus.

I then spent a few days processing the data, and discovered that the Flat files I took, must have been bad. As there is a shocking imbalance I noticed during processing. :(

So, I had to crop... burn... and butcher the image best I could to produce an image I can be at least a little happy with.

Here is the results!

Click to Enlarge

Lights - 24 x 300s
Darks, Flat and Bias x25

No comments:

Post a Comment