Wednesday 19 September 2018

New Season, New Toys!

Well, its that time of year again when I can finally blow the dust of the telescope.

Its been a long long time since I last had a good session in the garden, and since the last evening with the stars I've treated myself to a LOT of new equipment!

Firstly, I upgraded the NEQ6 mount, to have the Rowan Belt mod.  This should now give less backlash and track the stars much smoother. (Unless I broke something during fitting! haha)

Secondly, the big upgrade. I've stepped up my camera from the Canon 1100d, to a new ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro!
This is an amazing camera, if you just google the name of the camera and see the results, you'll understand.
As I live in a reasonably light polluted area, I've gone for narrowband filters from Baader to get me going.  This should really really up my game.  Along with a 5 position filter wheel and new Baader coma corrector, I'm hoping for some amazing photos this season!

Hope to post some new photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment