Wednesday 10 October 2018

Bloody Windows Updates!!!

The skies where almost perfect for me tonight, so by 8pm I was out there all setup and ready to go.
This was an improvement on last night, which was also lovely and dark, but my NEQ6 mount decided to throw a wobbler, so I had to rebuild it instead of taking photos.
Anyway, tonight, with a working mount I hit the skies!

All setup, all programmed to take 13 photos of each filter, for exposures of 180 seconds.
Target, M57 the ring nebula.

I hit start, and then thought... I'll go watch some TV with the wife while the magic happens.
WHAT A NOOBIE MISTAKE.
While I was inside, Microsoft forced a windows update onto my laptop... and forced a restart!!!

I managed to get some images, but due to restart, all tracking, all alignment and everything else gone.
So I ended up with basically bugger all again.
I managed maybe half an hour of HA data... so stacked that.
No bias, darks, flats... just the HA.
Tomorrow, I'll have a motorised focuser I need to fit to the Moonlite, and a shorter drawtube, which will fix some issues I've had too. So while I'm at it, I'll put the IDAS D2 LP filter in the filter wheel.

Anyway,  I digressed...
here's the HA data I got.  (Still in B/W)


(Click To Enlarge)


1 comment:

  1. Messier 57 nice pic Mick! Good example of a bipolar nebula wonder if we will get to see it in it's eventual white dwarf state in our life time? Or will we have to wait 2300 ly!

    ReplyDelete